Portland Fire Station #1
The original 40,000 square foot 3 story fire station was built on unstable soil back in 1940’s.
About this Project
The original 40,000 square foot 3 story fire station was built on unstable soil back in 1940’s. The scope of this project was to improve the seismic performance of the building and make it one of the nations most state of the art facilities. Seismic upgrades included over 200 new jet grouted piles drilled through the foundation and new concrete shear walls and collector beams. The rest of the station was completely gutted and reconstructed with the fire crew living quarters on the second floor and the main administrative offices on the third floor.
Client: City of Portland Fire Sation No. 1
Location: Portland, Oregon
Type: Seismic Upgrade and Restoration of Main Fire Station
Size: $10.7 Million
Building at the Oregon Coast during the winter is never easy, but Skyward persevered and completed this impressive new building on time and on budget.
The 15,000 sqft addition to the historic school was designed to match the rest of the campus. When the building was completed, everyone agreed that it fit in well.
This fast track project included a 20,000 sqft expansion and 20,000 sqft modernization of the existing LaCenter High School.
This ground up project was completed in just 7.5 months. The goal was to open by Thanksgiving 2009 and that goal was met.
Built in 2001, this was Skyward’s first theatre project. The exterior walls were constructed using Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF’s).
Wyers End is an 18 unit cottage community that was designed by Ross ChapinArchitects and developed by Smart Development from Hood River, Or.
4 large stand alone townhomes in heart of Hood River, OR.
11 modern high end condos that overlook the Columbia River and downtown Hood River. Condos are marketed by Copper West real estate.
Skyward does not typically build single family residences, however when we were approached by the owner and architect with these drawings we could not refuse this challenge.
Historical Restoration of Amtrak Station originally built in 1908.
This was a high end medical office space tenant improvement. Project included glass partition walls, high end millwork, installation of X ray machine, and multiple examination rooms.
Located in Lake View Village in the heart of Lake Oswego this high end bank build-out turned out to be a stunning headquarters for the Bank of Oswego.